Maintenance and Recommendations
How to Use Remanufactured Printer Inkjet Cartridges in CANON Printers
- Open the printer top access door. The printer carriage will move to the center.
- Remove the USB cable from the back of the printer.
- Remove the print cartridges from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord. (Do not press the Power button to turn off the printer.)
- Verify that the correct cartridge is being used for the printer. Cartridge reference can be found in the User Guide.
- Verify that the protective plastic tape has been removed from the print cartridge
- Reconnect the power cord and USB cable
How to Use Remanufactured Printer Inkjet Cartridges in EPSON Printers
- Inspect the remanufactured cartridge for damage or leaks. Most remanufactured inks are sealed at the factory by the manufacturer, but it never hurts to double-check for possible leakage.
- Open the access panel to the printer and install the ink tank in the printer carrier by pressing it forward and then down. This locks the tabs and allows the cartridge to function properly in the printer.
- Print a test page using any document on your computer. Click the document to open it, and then select “File” and then “Print” to create a new printout with the remanufactured ink cartridge. Inspect the printout for signs of blurring or skipped lines.
- Run a cleaning cycle on your Epson printer by selecting “Start” and then “Control Panel” on your computer task bar. Choose “Printers and Faxes” and then select the Epson printer by right-clicking on the icon. Choose the “Preferences” option and select the “Maintenance” tab.
- Click on “Clean Print Heads” to run a cleaning cycle. This will remove dried ink from the print heads and help to reduce skipped lines in your prints. Repeat as necessary and continue to use your remanufactured cartridge
How to Use Remanufactured Printer Inkjet Cartridges
- Open the cover where the ink is housed on your printer and remove the empty cartridge(s) you need to replace.
- Visit your local computer store, supercenter or retail store that sells remanufactured cartridges for your printer.
- Locate your cartridge number/type. Most cartridges will be sold in the electronics department. Double check to make sure you have the right cartridge before purchasing.
- Return to your printer and open the cover where the ink is housed on your printer. Install the remanufactured ink cartridge(s).
- Turn on the computer and enter the printer’s utility software. Under the cartridges menu, select “New Cartridge” installed or similar setting. Your printer software may automatically recognize the new cartridge and ask you if it is “New.” Your new cartridge is installed and ready for printing.
Your Printer Isn’t Showing Ink Levels or Not Recognized by Printer?
on How to Get Passed This Problem You can solve the problem quickly by doing the following.
- First, re-install your old cartridges (with the printer power is on) — wait for the printer’s cycle to finish
- Second, power OFF your printer by pressing it’s on/off button.
- Then, unplug your printer from its power source.
- Reboot your computer.
- Clean the electrical contact points on the NEW cartridges so they are bright and shiny. (You can use Windex or some water)
- Plug your printer back in to its power source.
- Press your printer’s on/off button to turn on the printer.
- When your printer is finished with its warmup routine, press the “install cartridge” button on your printer.
- Remove the old empty cartridge(s) once again.
- Reinstall the new cartridge(s).
This will normally clear any memory routines keeping the ink monitor from resetting properly and ensure the cartridge is making good electrical contact.